Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Alternatives To Retrograde Pyelogram
Pyelogram: Is an invasive procedure in which you place a cystoscope through the urethra, then pass a small catheter through the scope into the opening of the ureter into the bladder and inject contrast material into the kidney to study the anatomy of the drainage system of the kidney and take x.-rays usually under fluoroscopic control. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Study of kidneys and: Normally the kidneys and ureters are studied by IVP exam where contrast is injected into veins and excreted by the kidneys. Sometimes, visualizations by this method is inadequate. Thru a cystoscope or ureteroscope, a small catheter is inserted into the ureter and contrast injected into the ureter visualizing it and the renal collecting system, the renal pelvis, thus a retrograde pyelogram ...Read more
By injecting dye: When a contrast material is injected into a vein in the patient's arm, it travels through the blood stream and collects in the kidneys and urinary tract, turning these areas bright white on the x-ray images. An ivp allows the radiologist to view and assess the anatomy and function of the kidneys, ureters and the bladder. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Get drunk: Not a great idea. Doubt your doc. Would ok that. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What exactly is a retrograde pyelogram?
- Retrograde pyelogram
- Cystoscopy with retrograde pyelogram
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does pyelogram mean?
- What are some alternative birth methods?
- What are some alternative medicines for fibroids?
- What are some alternative medicine methods to help with tendonitis?
- Talk to a radiologist online for free