Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Alternative Birth Methods
Wide Variety: There are options for both labor and delivery. Keeping safety of mother and baby in mind and dependent on pain management, labor has many positions and levels of activity. Walking, sitting, resting are all options as are water baths. Delivery as well can vary from recumbent to hands and knees, squatting, or water births, all depending on pt., caregiver and location. Early discussion is rec. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Your OB: Should discuss this with you, depends what methods u are talking about , that ? Can't be answered in the 400 letters I am allowed on this website so make an appt with your OB to discuss this so u can make sure u and yoru OB are on the same page from the very beginning ! that is what I do with all of my pts, they all know my preferred method so there is no disagreement at delivery time ! ...Read more
Call and check.: Call the area hospitals or the one where you plan to deliver if cuirrently pregnant. You should also discuss your plans with your obstetrician. ...Read more
NO, unreliable: To get pregnant, sperm needs to enter the vagina during or around the time of ovulation. At times, there is the rare chance that "pre ejaculate" or "pre-cum as a slang" has some sperm cells in it, so please do not rely on the Pull-out method for Birth Control! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Confusing question: Used as directed, ocp's ( if that is what you are using) are cited as 98-99 % effective in avoiding pregnancy. The "pull out" method adds little to the process, as you are exposed to sperm in any fluids from an excited penis.A barrier (condom) plus the ocp would be the more effective combination. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Use other methods!: To get pregnant sperm needs to enter the vagina during or around the time of ovulation. At times, there is the rare chance that "pre ejaculate" or "pre-cum as a slang" has some sperm cells in it, so please do not rely on the Pull-out method for Birth Control! Use BC pills and condoms as well to prevent both Pregnancy and STI's. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some alternative medicine methods to help with tendonitis?
- What are some alternative therapies for bacterial prostatitis?
- What are some alternative treatments for a glioblastoma brain tumor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some disadvantages of using the birth control patch?
- What are some benefits of taking birth control pills?
- What are some alternative medicines for fibroids?
- What are some alternative exercises to the bench press with a barbell?
- What are some alternative or natural pain relief methods during birth?