Doctor insights on:
What Are Some Advantages Of The Cervical Cap
Barrier Contraceptiv: A cervical cap is a form of barrier contraception. It is filled with some spermicide and inserted over the cervix to prevent pregnancy. Modern cervical caps must be fitted by a clinician due to the wide variation in cervical size. They are not often prescribed nowadays. Cassanova is credited (?True) with inventing the cervical cap by using half of a lemon. ...Read more
Cervical Cap: A cervical cap is inserted prior to relations, unlike a diaphragm it can remain in place for up to 48 hrs. The advantage is that it can be placed long before you have intercourse so that lovemaking isn't interrupted. You must check it's position before you have relations. It's more popular on the west coast so it may be difficult to find a physician who is comfortable fitting you. ...Read more
At least 6 hours: Each time you have intercourse, check that the cervical cap is still covering the cervix. You can leave the cap in place and insert more spermicide deep into your vagina. The cervical cap must stay in place six hours after the last intercourse. Do not leave the cervical cap in place for more than 48 hours. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some advantages of lithotripsy?
- What are some advantages of arthroscopic surgery?
- What are some advantages of the contraceptive sponge?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some advantages of the implantable contraceptive implanon?
- What are some advantages of using the food guide pyramid?
- Cervical caps
- What are some advantages to drinking warm lemon water in the morning everyday?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online