Doctor insights on:
What Are Signs Of Poor Circulation In Feet For Diabetics Type 2
Diabetes is a disease of increased blood glucose levels. Glucose is a type of sugar that comes from the intake of food. Insulin is a type of hormone that removes the glucose from the blood and moves it into the cells to provide them with energy. There are two different types of diabetes: type 1 and type 2. Type 1 diabetes is when the body does not make any insulin. Therefore, glucose stays inside the blood and does not move into the cells. Type 2 diabetes, which is commonly associated with obesity, is when the body is either resistant to the effects of insulin or when the body does not produce enough insulin. Increased levels of glucose in the body causes severe damage to the ...Read more
Mother, 66, had gangrene/ partial foot amputation, is not diabetic, had 3 stents in her legs due to poor circulation & heavy smoker. Life expectancy?
Statistically...: Unfortunately, these effects you describe don't just have an effect on the feet and legs. The effect vital organs are effected as well. 5 years has been reported as an expected life span after an amputation, but this is just an average. It could be more or less depending on many other lifestyle factors. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I get occasional pins and needles in my feet. How can I distinguish poor circulation from types of neuropathy?
No: Aaas can be repaired using open surgical techniques or endovascular techniques. There are anatomical limitations to which aneurysms can be repaired using endovascular techniques. All aaas can be repaired using open techniques. The more complex the anatomy the bigger the surgery required. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the signs of poor circulation?
- Signs of poor circulation in hands and feet
- Signs symptoms of poor circulation in feet
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do for poor circulation in feet?
- What to do for poor circulation in legs and feet?
- What are the causes of poor circulation in the hands feet?
- What causes poor circulation in legs and feet?
- Talk to a cardiologist online