Doctor insights on:
What Are Restrictions The With A Broken Wrist
No lifting: Restrictions are set and discussed by your doctor. In general, do not lift anything or do any gripping, pushing, pulling, or twisting while healing from a broken wrist. These restrictions are usually in place for six weeks. Failure to restrict your activities may cause the broken pieces to move out of place and worsen your hand and arm function. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Weeks later and here i am, with an unhealed wrist. Could it be that i was misdiagnosed with a broken wrist?
Possibly?: Don't have much info about what happened to you, but wrist sprains can take just as long (and sometimes longer) than broken bones to heal. There are also some wrist fractures (the scaphoid) that may not be obvious on x-rays performed immediately, but may be more apparent on x-rays done a week or so later. Good luck! ...Read more
Be patient: A broken wrist will eventually heal. It is the position in which it heals that we are most concerned about. Once the fracture is stable enough, range of motion exercises should begin. Try using your upper limb as normally as possible. Your doctor and physical therapist will guide you through the recovery process. It can take up to a year to reach maximal recovery, so be patient. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cast vs. surgery: Treatment will largerly depend on the location of the fracture and its complexity. Certain wrist bones must be surgically united, whereas other may be easily casted. Your orthopedic specialist should be able to explain what the best next step is. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is possible: Yes it is possible but not very likely ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do with a broken wrist?
- What are the effects after a broken wrist?
- What to do when you have a broken wrist?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are some of the signs and symptoms of a broken wrist?
- What is the best way to sleep with a broken wrist?
- What is the most common treatment for a broken vein in the wrist?
- What kinds of vitamins or minerals will help my broken wrist to heal?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free