Doctor insights on:
What Are Rehab Exercices For A Biceps Tendon Rupture
Be careful: I am assuming you had surgery, if this is the case be very careful because depending where you are in the healing process the exercises will be different. Speak to your surgeon. ...Read more
5 months: Distal biceps ruptures need to be repaired surgically. If done well, gentle range of motion exercises are begun early, using the arm gently for 3 months. At the 3 months junction normal use without lifting or stress, if everything goes well, normal use and stressat five months. ...Read more
Depends: If biceps torn proximal in shoulder, would leave alone. Shouldn't anticipate significant functional loss, but may have popeye deformity. If distal, repair not likely. Reconstruction with some sort of interposition graft required. Many patients report improved pain with function, but does not correct deformity, and strength improvements less predictable. Tough problem to have. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Weakness: Acutely pain and swelling with some bruising. Patient will have significant weakness of supination of the forearm and some loss of elbow flexion strength. You may see the biceps retract proximally and bunch up in the upper arm , especially with attempted use. This is a surgical problem see a hand surgeon as soon as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could I have torn my rotator cuff at the same time as a distal bicep tendon rupture? I had surgery for the rupture, now need MRI for the shoulder
Unlikely: A ruptured biceps tendon@ the elbow is usually known... Eccentric contraction of the muscle w/ a feeling of a ' pop' or tear is commonplace. Rotator cuff tears occurring @ the same time is conceivable but very unlikely. More likely you had a rct already and was 'picked up' by your ors @ exam/mri. The "long head" of the biceps in the shoulder can tear in chronic rot.Cuff tears . Gl! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the treatments for a partial tear of the achilles tendon?
- What are the treatments for a partially torn acl tendon?
- What are the treatments for a ruptured eardrum?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the treatments for a supraspinatus tendon?
- What are some physical therapy exercises for a torn meniscus?
- What are the best therapies for a knee click when walking up stairs?
- What foods are a natural steroid for the body?
- Talk to a physical medicine and rehab specialist online for free