Doctor insights on:
What Are Recently Approved Drugs For The Management Of Peptic Ulcer Disease
Stomach ulcer is also known as Peptic ulcer. Stomach ulcers, also called peptic ulcers, are erosions in the wall of the stomach that can result in bleeding or pain. They can be caused by ibuprofen and similar medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), or by infection with a bacteria called H. pylori that ...Read more
Weight loss and PUD: Involuntary weight loss is always considered a clinical "red flag." that being said, it is not a surprise that peptic ulcer disease patients may experience less interest in eating due to the pain that meals engender. Under such circumstance, weight loss may follow. However, stomach ulcers may on occasion arise in the setting of cancer, severe physiologic stress, trauma. Don't ignore "red flags.". ...Read more
Ulcer/infection: Vitamin B12 requires intrinsic factor secreted by the stomach in order to be absorbed. If enough of the stomach cells have been damaged by ulcers, a lack of intrinsic factor secretion could lead to a decreased absorption of B12 and pernicious anemia. Infection with helicobacter pylori can lead to chronic gastritis which can also lead to both ulcers and anemia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of depression when should drugs be used for treatment?
- What are the treatments for coronary artery disease to improve the quality of life in the long term?
- What are the treatments for degenerative disc disease arthritis of the spine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are recommended tests that can determine the cause of a peptic ulcer?
- What are the benefits of green tea for auto immune disease?
- What are the symptoms of a peptic ulcer?
- What are the benefits of vitamin d for autoimmune diseases?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online