Doctor insights on:
What Are Possible Complications From Diphtheria
Usually none: Impetigo usually resolves completely with proper treatment. Without treatment, it can spread to other parts of the body. Scarring of the skin is uncommon, but can happen. When strep is the cause of the infection, a very rare kidney problem can develop. Taking antibiotics for the infection can help prevent these complications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A few: Infection, bleeding, damage to adjacent structures, death. Those are true of any surgery - just a matter of degree based on how complicated the surgery is. ...Read more
Many...: These generally break down into two categories. There are rare, but very severe issues including pulmonary fibrosis, liver dysfunction, and thyroid dysfunction. There are also GI side effects (nausea) skin changes (over decades, the skin turns a bluish grey) and more mild thyroid issues which may require thyroid supplementation or other such treatment. ...Read more
Mononucleosis: Complications are not uncommon and may be more serious than the disease itself. They can include spleen enlargement, liver disease and jaundice. Blood disorders, myocarditis, meningitis, encephalitis and guillain-barre syndrome, and significant tonsil swelling. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Thankfully few: This is a group of genetic diseases of greatly varying severity that damage the longest axons in the body, resulting in weakness especially in the lower legs and feet. Only a minority of patients have significant discomfort. The disease spares all the other organ systems. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
What are the possible complications of blepharoplasty? What possible complications should I be prepared for after blepharoplasty?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the possible complications of an abdominoplasty?
- What are the possible complications due to hives?
- What are the possible complications of living with a tracheostomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is complications from kidney stone?
- What symptoms suggest diphtheria?
- Possible medical complications trichomoniasis
- Possible complications of core biopsy
- Talk to a pediatrician online