Doctor insights on:
What Are Normal White Blood Cell Counts
I have had a series of fluctuating white blood cell counts: in the 3.0 range then 2.5 then 4.2. Should this be of concern? Is this up/down normal?
Hematologist: Low white counts such as yours are not necessarily serious if your red cell series and platelet counts are normal. Occasionally this pattern is seen in connective tissue disorders like lupus, however. A hematologist is best qualified to evaluate and advise you and order the appropriate tests as well as arrange a proper follow-up schedule which is important. ...Read more
What would unexplained bruising, purple lines around knees, somewhat low red & white blood cell counts but normal platelet count mean for young woman?
4000-10000.: Normal WBC is 4, 000 - 10, 000. Some populations (asians and blacks) tend to have lower white counts than caucasians, and can have normal counts on the low end between 3, 000 and 4, 000. ...Read more
White count: Between 4000 to 11, 000.Get a more detailed answer ›
WBC count: 5, 000 - 10, 000 (depending on the lab and local population). ...Read more
If you had normal white blood cell count & all other normal bloodwork several months ago is it possible you could have leukemia anyway?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the effects of low white blood cell counts?
- What is the normal white blood cell count for men?
- What happens if white blood cells are high?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the characteristics of white blood cells?
- What symptoms are often associated with a high white blood cell count?
- What are the causes of white blood cells in urine with no infection?
- What is a normal white blood cell count for adults?
- Talk to a pathologist online for free