Doctor insights on:
What Are My Chances Of Getting Ovarian Cancer
Could you tell me what are my chances of getting ovarian cancer if my grandmother had it & passed away from it?
Some ovarian ca: Is genetic, and you can be tested, along with your relatives for the brca genes. ...Read more
It is a cancer which arises from the ovary. This cancer is typically silent, producing little or no symptoms till it spreads, first into the pelvic area and later into the peritoneal cavity leading to fluid accumulation(ascites) which is often the first symptom. Despite its late presentation, there is a reasonable treatment for it, with some long term survivors even ...Read more
What are my chances of getting ovarian cancer? My aunt had something that spread through her abdomen but we never heard what it was before she died.
My maternal grandmother had ovarian cancer. What is my chance (statistically) of getting ovarian cancer, too?
Probably low.: Unless your grandmother had ovarian cancer at a young age, or had both ovarian and breast cancer, or other close relatives of you and your grandmother have or had ovarian or breast cancer, your risk for ovarian cancer approaches the background statistical risk in your population. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have pcos. My doctor told me that with pcos there is an almost certain chance i will get ovarian cancer. Is this true? What can I do?
Not true: There is no such prediction that i kniow off. I know that the risk is no where close to 100%. I would not worry about it. Yet make life style changes because there are risks, other than cancer, which are more common in folks with pcos. So you should eat healthy(low fat, high protein diet) and get your weight down close to normal by doing daily walking/exercise as much as possible. This will help y. ...Read more
I'm just wondering, if you were diagnosed with breast cancer, is the chance of you getting ovarian cancer high?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are my chances of getting cervical cancer if my mom had it?
- What are the chances of getting pancreatic cancer if my great grandpa had it?
- What are my chances of getting stomach cancer nowadays?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the chances of getting cancer on humira?
- What are the chances of me getting als when my grandmother had it?
- What are my chances of getting pregnant at 37?
- What are the chances of getting cervical cancer when hpv high risk positive?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free