Doctor insights on:
What Are Microcytic Red Blood Cells
It is not becaue: Are tiny( microcytic ) that they do not carry oxygen . It is because they do not have adequate /the right amount of iron or globulin that make up hemoglobin in them . The reason why they become small is due to the deficiency of either the heme component or globulin component of the hemoglobin which is responsible for carrying oxygen ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My ferritine is low but B12 is normal, however the doctor said my red blood cells are shrinking and misshaped.
What dose that mean?
Iron Deficiency: The low ferritin denotes iron deficiency anemia. The normal red blood cells are similar in shape and size. In severe iron deficiency, the red blood cells often become smaller (microcytic/shrinking), lighter (hypochromic), and assume different shapes such as pencil or cigar-shaped cells (misshaped). This is classic picture of red blood cells under the microscopy when iron deficiency occurs. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My my red blood cells level is 19.7, hematocrit low, hemoglobin low, MCV low, mchc low what do this mean for my heath?
Anemia needs exam: Hi Patricia. I need to know your real numbers.I suspect RBC is 1.97 Vs abt 5.0 for healthy. Then if Hgb, MCV,MCHC all low, you have anemia and needs treatment which Depends on cause. It can be either low production from your organ or increased turnover or blood loss. See you doc to do more tests and ask to have blood smear evaluated by hematologists pathologist.May need other specialists too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Microcytosis causes: Abnormally small red cells may be due to a number of reasons that include acquired or hereditary disorders of the main protein found in red cells-called hemoglobin. The most common causes inlclude iron deficiency, anemia of chronic disease and rarer forms such as sideroblastic anemias and thallasemias. If you or someone you know has this result in CBC, plase consult your MD ,a hematologist now. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do i need to do when i have microcytic red blood cells?
- What happens when your red blood cells are high?
- What are the causes of high rates of red blood cell precipitation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What nutrients are needed for red blood cell production?
- What is someone lacking in their diet if their hemoglobin or red blood cells are low?
- What are the functions of the red blood cells?
- What does red and white blood cells in urine mean?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free