Doctor insights on:
What Are Good Oils And Herbs To Treat Acne
A common human skin disease characterized by areas of scaly red skin (seborrhea) with blackheads/whiteheads (comedones) , pinheads (papules), large papules (nodules), pimples & possibly scarring. Occurs mostly on face, upper chest & back. Treated with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic ...Read more
None: You or your teenager deserve something that actually works. This is the 21st century and mainstream science / big pharma have already grabbed up the botanicals that are effective. For acne i start with topical clindamycin, with a retinoic acid derivative if there are many blackheads. Add a systemic antibiotic if needed or it's on back or trunk; remember "the pill" can make a young lady's acne go. ...Read more
I was just curious does oils such as olive oil coconut oil almond oil etc clog pores? Are they noncomdegenic? Also are they good for acne?
Adjunct: Topical benzoyl peroxide is the mainstay of non-prescription acne treatment. If you are not clear in two weeks, get with your personal physician -- it's a chronic, non-lifestyle-related disease that's a serious personal and professional liability and can be managed. These "pop" remedies like coconut, lemon, beer or honey are adjuncts and will probably disappoint you. ...Read more
Is it true that fish oil can cause acne? And for some it's good for acne too? I need the truth please
Let me help you: Tea tree, lavender and sandalwood are the most popular, pimple-fighting essential oils. Tea tree essential oil is an extremely strong antiseptic that fights off every kind of infection. Lavender essential oil is a soothing antiseptic that helps increase blood flow, which helps flush away infection. Sandalwood essential oil is a mild astringent and antiseptic that also soothes irritated skin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have oily, acne prone skin. I have heard applying oil to oily skin is beneficial. Is it true? Is almond oil a good option?
Moisturizer : Cereve or cetaphil are gentle fragrance free moisturizers. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some good minerals and herbs to help a bone fusion after having surgery?
- What herbs are good to treat bradycardia?
- What herbs are good to reduce ovarian cysts pcos?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What over counter medicines are good to treat impetigo?
- What exercises for women with weights are good to get rid of back fat and tighten the abs?
- What are cyanate and thiocyanate can they be used to treat sickle cell anemia?
- What are some good fruits and veggies to help clear the bowels?
- Talk to a dermatologist online