Doctor insights on:
What Are Good Exercises To Do To Strengthen The Rotator Cuff
Strengthening: Exercises will not "heal" the torn rotator cuff but can help with the symptoms associated with tendinitis or a tear in some instances. Rotator cuff strengthening with theraband as well as periscapular or shoulder blade muscle strengthening would be helpful. See a therapist for details. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Resistence: The main function of the rotator cuff muscles are to stabilize the shoulder, so it is not easy to replicate this with exercises. However, we tend to emphasize high repetition, low resistance "external rotation" sets with the shoulder down at your side. This limits damage to the muscles while exercising them. Incorporating shoulder blade (scapular) exercises also help. ...Read more
There are several: The rotator cuff is a series of four muscle tendon units working on the ball portion of the shoulder. The rotator cuff works hand in hand with the shoulder blade or scapular muscles. You do not need a lot of resistance working these muscles. You can use the rubber bands, light dumbells (reps of 15) or cables at the gym. Also focus on your core by bringing "belly button to spine.". ...Read more
Are labrum and rotator cuff exercises the same? Would I be strengthening both by just doing rotator exercises?
Different...same: The labrum is a piece of connective tissue that olds the humerus (arm bone) into the shoulder. This cannot be fixed with exercise...If it needs repaired it would require surgery. However, strengthening the rotator cuff mucles does stabilize the shoulder, which is sometimes enough to avoid surgery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can someone give me a link for a good resistance band workout for partial thickness rotator cuff tear including the labrum? A bunch of exercises
Physical therapy: The physician that made this diagnosis can send you to a physical therapist that can direct you in a home program that you can do yourself. It is best to initially get individualized guidance so you can do it on your own. It is important that you stick to a regular exercise program ...Read more
How long does it take to strengthen your rotator cuff muscles after having rotator cuff repair surgery for a massive tear where tissue is good quality?
Patience: It can take 12-24 months to maximize strength gains after a large repair, providing the tissue heals correctly ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are some good physical therapy exercises to do for a torn meniscus?
- What are good rehab exercises to do after an oblique strain?
- What are some good exercises i can do if i have broken my ankle to keep in shape?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What exercises for women with weights are good to get rid of back fat and tighten the abs?
- What are good exercises to do after ankle surgery?
- What are some exercises to strengthen your ankle and reduce the risk of injury?
- What are the best exercises to do after an anterior cruciate ligament injury?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free