Doctor insights on:
What Are Good Exercises To Do After Ankle Surgery
Had ankle surgery with plates and pins 2 weeks ago very liitle pain since the first day, is that good., I've been reading horror stories ?
I'm on light bearing due to ankle surgery but mean while my thighs have given away i need to have thigh exercise?
Physical therapy: Pain and alterations in gait due to using crutches can bring on symptoms like this. Your physical therapist can evaluate and treat this type of weakness. They will advise to see your doc if they think there is something more to your complaints that needs evaluation like a nerve/spine problem. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there foot and ankle surgery for fallen arches? I've had fallen arches my entire life. I enjoy hiking, but notice that my ankles really swell from the constant pounding even with good arch supports. Would foot and ankle surgery be a possible option to
Flat feet: If ankle braces and orthotics have not helped then i would recommend foot surgery. There is various types of foot surgery that can lift or reconstruct an arch. I would recommend talking with your foot and ankle specialist or a foot fellow orthopedist to discuss various surgeries that could benefit you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Follow guidelines: Make sure you are taking your pain medications as directed, and resting, elevating and icing the ankle as directed. Only be on your foot as much as your doctor instructed. Some postoperative discomfort is normal and expected for a period of time. If the pain is more than expected, or worsening, contact your surgeon immediately. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to do for swollen ankles after knee surgery?
- What are good rehab exercises to do after an oblique strain?
- Exercises after surgery for compound ankle fractures
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Range of motion exercises after ankle replacement surgery
- What exercises can i do after bunion surgery?
- What exercises can i do one month after bunion surgery?
- What are some good exercises i can do if i have broken my ankle to keep in shape?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free