Doctor insights on:
What Are Good Exercises For Fat People With Bad Knees
I have knee pain from obesity. So i start to exercising at the gym. But when i run or walk, i feel knee pain, so it's a dilemma. How to exercise?
Alternatives: Consider some alternatives like riding a stationary bicycle, using an elliptical, or even better swimming. As the pain you may be feeling could very well be related to weight bearing forces at your knee. The exercises mentioned above help limiting the forces on the knee. Best of luck in your endeavors. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Indirectly..: Obesity itself is unlikely to cause numbness above your knee. However, obesity could be making back problems worse which could cause those symptoms. Or certain vitamin deficiencies could also cause these symptoms. Follow up with your primary physician. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes: A person's knees take on a lot of stress when he carries a heavy backpack or gains 50-100 pounds in weight. Obesity can worsen knee problems such as pain, swelling, difficulty walking, or trouble climbing stairs. Even if the original cause of the knee problems were from another disease or injury, the heavier a person is, the more wear and tear the knees have to endure. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I sprained my right knee in May and am recovering from it. What exercises are good and which ones are bad for me? I'm about 70% recovered.
4months post ACL surgery, hamstring autograft, 22yrs, badminton coach.Wat is good or bad pain cuz my top of knee sumtime pains doin exercises.
Patella femoral : If your pain is in front/under your knee cap, then most likely patella femoral pain syndrome/chondromalacia patella. Best managed with exercise to strengthen your quads to improve tracking, and avoiding deep knee bending activities. Also oral or topical nsaids can be of benefit, as well as a brace or injections. This is common after surgery as your muscles controlling the patella are out of shape. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I have bad knees and was wondering if rebounding (exercising on a mini trampoline) is a good or bad exercise for that?
Just got done with pt for knee last Month I still do exercises but I just started softball and the pain is really bad gets to 8 on scale Help!!
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What exercises for women with weights are good to get rid of back fat and tighten the abs?
- What are the best exercises for a bad back and knees?
- What are some good cardio workouts for people with asthma?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Exercises for people with bad knees hips
- What are some good rehab exercises for a knee ligament injury?
- What type of snack foods are good for people with high blood pressure?
- What foods are good for helping people with urinary tract infection?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free