Doctor insights on:
What Are Common Complications Of Esophagitis
Typically medication: Esophagitis is typically treated with medications. This may include medications such as Pepcid or Zantac (ranitidine) called h2 blockers. Sometimes stronger medications such as Prilosec are needed depending on the symptoms and other information. Some patents need surgical treatment to reduce acid reflux if they don't respond to medications. ...Read more
Many: Antacids, elevate head of bed, proton pump inhibitors like prilosec, quit smoking and caffeine, alcohol.Promotility drugs like reglan, (metoclopramide) and at times antifungals if the cause is a fungus. There is an allergic(eosinophilia esophagitis) form for which treatment includes nasally swallowed steroids. Get properly diagnosed via endoscopy if not getting better. Can lead to esophageal cancer in some cases. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are common complications of spondylolisthesis?
- What are common complications of appendectomy?
- What are the common complications of splenectomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What common complications are associated with spondylolysis?
- What are common complications of celiac disease?
- What are the common complications of spinal stenosis?
- What are some common complications of gerd?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online