Doctor insights on:
What Are Common Causes Of Heart Disease
Heart disease is a condition in which a person has problems within his or her vascular system and heart, which includes both congenital birth defects and problems acquired later. Examples of heart disease include clogging (atherosclerosis) of the coronary (heart) arteries, heart attacks (obstructions of the arteries), damaged heart valves, heart muscle failure, and viral infections of the heart. Some major causes of heart disease include genetics, smoking, hypertension, high ...Read more
Risk factors: Atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) occurs when the walls of blood vessels thicken due to deposits of fat and plaque. This narrowing or blockage of the arteries causes heart disease. The risk factors for heart disease include smoking, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, obesity, physical inactivity, and diabetes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Atherosclerosis: Depends on one's personal risks smoking, obesity, hypertension, hyperlipemia, diabetes , family history. Simply, one blocks the feeding artery to part of the heart muscle and low flow, or no flow causes ischemia which cause death of the heart cells, which is a heart attack! myocardial infarction is the medical term.Ekg and lab tests show the damage. ...Read more
Many causes: Heart disease can be caused by many things such as genetics or a bacterial infection. Perhaps the most common risk factors are related to lifestyle and thus can be changed. Smoking, excessive alcohol use, obesity, or uncontrolled blood sugars in a diabetic are all important risk factors for cardiovascular disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the most common cause of heart disease?
- What are common causes of heart palpitations?
- What are common signs and symptoms of heart disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the most common cause of heart attacks?
- What is the most common cause of chronic kidney disease?
- What is a common cause of coronary artery disease in teens?
- What is the leading cause of heart disease?
- Talk to a cardiologist online