Doctor insights on:
What Are Chances Of Getting Uterine Cancer If I Do Have A Family Link To Cancer
Depends: Probably little if any increased risk if your mom didn't have uterine or colon cancer. If she had uterine ca diagnosed <45 yrs of age there's increased risk. Roughly 2% of newly diagnosed uterine ca patients have mutation for lynch syndrome which is inherited condition with a high risk for colon ca. The symptom to be aware of is post-menopausal bleeding. This should always be checked by your md. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
The uterus is the female organ in which conception and carrying of the fetus takes place. The cervix is the opening of the uterus. Cancers of the cervix are usually of squamous cell variety. The uterus usually develops cancer in the cells which develop the lining (which is shed every month). This type of cancer is ...Read more
Is it actually true that doctors will do a hysterectomy because of family history of uterine cancer?
Mammogram shows macro calcifications,& bilateral axillary sub cm nodes. Ultrasound shows normal readings. Strong family history of bc &uterine cancer.
Tested for gene?: Have you been tested for the BRCA gene yet? Breast, ovarian and colon cancer are associated with that gene. Uterine cancer usually will show a thickness in the lining of the uterus (endometrium) on ultrasound or irregular bleeding. Keep seeing your MD for regular evaluations and good luck. ...Read more
Yes: Tamoxifen is used in the treatment of breast cancer. One of its risks is a 1 percent chance of uterine cancer. You should be checked periodically by a gynecologist and if any vaginal bleeding when on tamoxifen may need a uterine biopsy and likely discontinuing the tamoxifen. Your oncologist should guide you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the link between estrogen and uterine cancer? Is there a link between estrogen and developing uterine cancer?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the chances of me getting cancer if i smoke?
- What are my chances of getting cervical cancer if my mom had it?
- If im pregnant and have a fever what medicine could i take to get rid of it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i am a sexaholic what are the chanced of my children having this diease
- How do i know if i have a recurrence of thyroid cancer?
- What can i do in order to fly if i have a huge fear of flying?
- What are the chances of delivering a healthy baby if i have prom?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free