Doctor insights on:
What Alternative Treatments Exist For Patients With Gastrinoma
None: Surgery is the only method of achieving cure for gallbladder cancer. When not discovered incidentally during routine gallbladder surgery, gallbladder cancer usually presents in advanced stages. Therefore even with surgery, chances of total cure are low. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy, though used, have not proven to be very successful in treating this disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Maybe thrush(fungus): The tongue is known to have many variations with pigmenting, size, appearance, & not always due to disease. Causes of tongue that looks patchy include: lichen planus (responds to steroids), white sponge nevus (familial, benign, permanent), smoker's leukoplakia (2% risk of cancer, needs biopsy), hairy leukoplakia (due to epsteinbarr virus), warts (due to papillomavirus), "thrush" (rx antifungals). ...Read more
Tough question.: Pt's with frequent, severe or refractory ulcers are all suspects. First tests are done to prove that the high gastrin levels are due to gastrinoma, like the secretin stimulation test. Next the tumor is localized with spect scanning and other imaging tests. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
None: None that i know of.Get a more detailed answer ›
Possibly: AD is an incurable degenerative disease of the brain. There have been some studies using medium chain triglycerides to 'feed' the brain(Axona). Recently a study supported the use of hi dose Vit E. Other supplements include Vinpocetine and phosphatidyl serine. Be careful even with supplements and 'natural' products- they maybe unsafe or have interactions with other products or medications. ...Read more
Depends on cause: With paralysis from a stroke or from a spinal cord injury, the mainstays of treatment start with physical and occupational therapy. The goal is to retrain the muscles and decrease disuse atrophy and spasticity (stiffness). There is a lot of research being done on stem cell transplants and electrocortical activation of prosthetics. We anxiously await their progress. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What alternative treatments exist for orchitis?
- What are the treatments for a stroke patient?
- What are the treatments for hypotension in parkinsons patients?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are alternative treatments for sciatica besides painkillers?
- What are some alternative treatments for renal artery stenosis?
- What are the alternative medicine treatments for pulmonary fibrosis?
- What are alternative treatments for sick sinus syndrome?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free