Doctor insights on:
What Age Does Menopause Start In Women
Menopause occurs 1 year after the last time you had a period. However, when perimenopausal (the time leading up to your period stopping) you can have a # of sxs. Sxs may include waking up in the middle of the night sweating heavily; dryness of the vaginal tissue; irregularity of periods, hot flashes; mood swings & decreased interest in sex. In the us the ave age ...Read more
50 but it varies: Average age in the us is approximately 51. It's not unusual to have some symptoms well before that age. ...Read more
Earlier than others: The answer to this question is difficult to find, but I have found evidence that asian women tend to go through menopause earlier than caucasion women, for example. The average age of menopause is about 51-52, but asian women tend to begin in their 40's. The onset is variable person to person regardless of ethnicitiy. ...Read more
The normal female starts menopause in her 50's. Can you tell me at what age the tested/researched women periods started?
Age of Menopause: The average age of menopause (cessation of menses for one year) is approximately 55 in the U.S. Some women will experience premature ovarian failure much younger, even in their twenties. Women who have a partial hysterectomy will often have earlier ovarian failure than they would have otherwise because of the blood supply to the ovaries being affected. The age is generally the same as her mom. ...Read more
What is the acceptable range for endometrium lining before and after menopause for 50 yrs Asian women? If within range, is biopsy required for my age?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What age does pre menopause start?
- What does passing a kidney stone feel like in women?
- What does frequent urination mean in women?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- At what age does the skin start to get wrinkles and crowsfeet
- How many inches does a women lose in height as she ages?
- What causes high calcium blood levels in menopausal women?
- What does blood in urine mean for women?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free