Doctor insights on:
What Age Do Boys Pass Up Girls In Physical Development
Could you tell me what is the reason behind the improper breast development, and hips not enlarging in girls?
Depends: This certainly depends on lots of factors, the age of the girl, the family history, the child's nutrition and athletic status. It sounds to me as if you are concerned about delayed development, but it is not clear. A detailed history and exam is in order with the child's pediatrician to see what course of action is best. ...Read more
It is possible: Yes, this can occur but is not a consistent finding. ...Read more
Depends: The hormones that trigger puberty also accelerate growth briefly before telling the growth centers to close. Most have closed by 16-17 or 5-7 cm after their first menses.An xray of the wrist/hand can be used to identify the growth centers and determine growth potential.When the growth centers are consistent with a bone age of 16-17, little or no further linear growth is possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Puberty decides: Every teenager is different but they all go through the same basic stages of puberty. These stages are often referred to as tanner stages (also referred to as sexual maturity level). Stage i is seen before puberty starts and stage v is when you have full adult characteristics. Once you are at stage v you are unlikely to grow any taller. Typically this is at ~15-16 for girls and ~16-17 for boys. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Up to what age do girls grow in height
- What age do boys go through puberty?
- At what age do boys stop growing
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What age do girls hit puberty?
- What age do girls start their menstrual cycle?
- What age do girls start their period?
- What age do most girls start their period?
- Talk to a pediatrician online