Doctor insights on:
What Age Do Boys Go Through Puberty
Oh so soon!: Puberty consists of a cascade of events that occur over several years. Boys typically begin around 12 but starting as early as 9 and as late as 14 may be normal. Early clues include under arm odor and increase in size of the genitalia. Subsequent signs include growth spurts, voice changes, hair development, muscle growth, acne, and mood changes. For many, the changes start in the blink of an eye! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Puberty is the normal condition in which a humans physically change from child to a teenage pre-adult who is able to reproduce (become fertile, able to have children). Pubertal development is divided into 5 stages by appearance (Tanner stages). Adolescence is time when puberty occurs, and includes ...Read more
Onset of puberty in : girls now ranges from ages 8-13 & takes 1 ½- 6 years to complete. In the U.S., the average age of menarche, the 1st period, is 12.6 years in Caucasians, 12.1 years in African-Americans & 12.2 months in Latinas. Thelarche, development of breast buds is < age 10 in 50% & < age 8 in 14% in Caucasians & just < age 9 & a large %age < age 8 in African-Americans. Romeo & Juliet were ~ 12 years old. ...Read more
Voice gets manly: The boys do lose their boyish, high frequency voice, but it changes to a more manly , low frequency deeper voice. It changes to an adult male like voice. These changes are due the hormonal changes, they go through during puberty. They develop secondary sexual characteristics. These changes are mainly due to increase in the levels of the hormone, testosterone. Thanks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the average age for boys to go through puberty?
- Going through puberty boys
- At what age does puberty start for boys
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What age do men go through mid life crisis?
- What age do men go through midlife crisis?
- What happens when a boy goes through puberty?
- At what age does boys with autism start showing signs of puberty
- Talk to a pediatrician online