Doctor insights on:
What About Alternative And Natural Products
Be careful: These terms refer to non-mainstream medicine. Personally i would prefer to take a pill or undergoe a prescribed treatment that has been well studied, with known side effects and proven to work, rather that one that has not been well studied, side effects aren't fully known and not proven to work in any large scale study. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How can I gain a healthy looking skin without using cosmetic products? What are the natural alternatives? :)
Healthy diet ;...: You are what you eat, so eating healthy (eat lots of fruits ; veggies ; healthy oils like flax or hemp and avoid fried foods, sugar, non-organic meats ; gmo's) is the first step. Some find avoiding dairy helps. A good multivitamin may help, perhaps extra zinc, and 5000 iu of vit d in fall ; winter. For natural alternatives to acne creams see http://earthclinic.Com/cures/acne.Html. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Are there always natural health products that can serve as alternatives to prescription medications?
No: Many medications have no similar herbal/ supplement option. ...Read more
Betacap lotion for chronic scalp dermatitis gives me severe fatigue and side effects, any alternatives? Especially natural products if any
Many!: It depends specifically on what type of pain as to what natural alternatives are that are out there. However, physical therapy has always been a mainstay for treating axial and joint pain. Skin pain can be treated with natural things like arnica montana, medications like sarapin and goona are injectable pain meds that are natural. Limbrel (not imbrel) is an excellent pain medicine for oa pain. ...Read more
Think differently: 1) There are no "natural alternatives" for anything. "Ancient wisdom" is a myth. It's an illusion clung to by the ignorant. You can almost bank on it: Anything touted as a "natural alternative" by health hucksters is almost certainly worthless. 2) "Nerve health" is meaningless. Anything good for general health is good for "nerve health." Arm yourself with modern knowledge, not old wives' tales. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i do about a sore throat and white patches at the back of my throat?
- What can i do about a small cavity in my tooth besides drill and fill?
- What to ask about dialysis for sepsis and kidney failure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why did i scar after having laser on my chin and what can i do about it?
- What are good and bad things about using 3d imaging to make invisalign?
- What should i do about acne scars and oily skin?
- What are some common myths and misconceptions about hepatitis b?
- What can i do about birth control related nausea and vomiting change pill types?