Doctor insights on:
Weightlifting Child Growth Platesweightlifting Child Short Stature
Short stature is a clinical finding in which a child is at or below the third percentile on the growth chart. Short stature is also defined relative to the child's growth potential as determined by the child's genetics (parents' heights). When a child is below his or her genetic potential, the child is evaluated for medical conditions such as growth hormone deficiency, hypothyroidism, or chromosomal abnormalities ...Read more
No: It has no effect on heigth.Get a more detailed answer ›
Indications : Gh is tightly regulated with specific fda indications for its use. Short stature by itself is not an indication to use gh. When gh is prescribed certainly it is better to give it sooner rather than later but there is normally no urgency. Hypoglycemia in infants with gh deficiency may be an exception. Patients with pws start during infancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Male,21,My doc said I have short stature compared to my family members due to malnutrition,any chances that my growth plate still open ?
Can delayed puberty lead to final short stature? I grow up w/ dad only and didn't have a mother care during my growth, can it affect my growth?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Weightlifting child growth plates
- Is there such thing as having emotional growth stunted due to child abuse?
- Child growth chart calculator metric
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Factors affecting child growth and development
- Child growth percentile calculator
- Child growth chart predictor
- Child development growth chart
- Talk to a pediatrician online