Doctor insights on:
Weight Training (Definition)
This is an exercise program focusing on strength training via use of resistance. The weights used can be barbells, dumb bells, track machines with plates & measured resistances.
A good program. : If u r beginning u need a structured program best set up by an atc, programed to ur build & needs & abilities. Have some 1 on 1 training until u understand & b able 2 follow on ur own . Start slowly & increase as u can. Hydration and protein and a day of rest between sessions and work on core and cardio on the off days. Also b dedicated and follow thru. B dedicated and patient. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Strength training: Start 2-5 pounds in each hand. Once your body becomes stronger, you can choose to gradually increase the amount. Ideally, a strength workout should include 8 to 10 exercises targeting the major muscle groups. Take care. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes but dont push it: Weight training is great to improve our muscle tone and take the pressure off our joints. Just start with low weight and increase slowly. The folks who run into trouble are those trying to impress their friends by lifting too much, leading to torn uscles and tendons. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Just different: Both are beneficial for weight training. Dumbbells allow greater range of motion and require the use of accessory muscles more. Barbells are more restrictive, but strengthen your primary muscle groups and are generally less likely to cause injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Most fitness centers: Weight training can help you look good and feel even better. These programs often are offered through health clubs, community centers and YMCA. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Weight training: This is an exercise program focusing on strength training via use of resistance. The weights used can be barbells, dumb bells, track machines with plates & measured resistances. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Weight training after hernia surgery
- Am i getting increased bowel movements from weight training supplement?
- Bullworker exercises for workouts and weight training
- Cervical spondylosis and weight training
- Is weight training good for cervical spondylitis?
- Weight training with a perforated ear drum
- Primary role of resistance training in weight management
- What weight training exercises to avoid for a bad neck?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free