Doctor insights on:
Wearing Thick Glasses
I love wearing thick-framed glasses.My parents don't allow me to wear them.They say 'i'm obstructing my vision by looking through glasses.Is that true?
The lens on my glasses are thick due to poor eyesight. Is a thinner lens made that is just as powerful?
Aphakia: Typically it is due to a condition called aphakia, where the natural focusing lens removed during the surgery is not replaced with a lens implant. This is not common. Modern uncomplicated cataract surgery does not require thick glasses afterwards, and in many cases actually reduces or eliminates the need for glasses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What happens if you have really bad eye sight at age 10 and need thick glasses for nearsightedness already?
Glasses/CLs: Some kids develop nearsightedness (myopia) early. In order to see better, they wear glasses and, when they are mature enough, can use contact lenses (cls). Kids are not appropriate candidates for any laser vision correction. Myopic people in general are slightly more at-risk for some eye diseases like glaucoma, so your child should be checked by an ophthalmologist at least yearly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My son has thalassemia minor and has eye problems where he needs to wear thick glasses. He has recently been complaining of severe ha's, and is dizzy?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can not wearing glasses cause dizziness?
- Side effects of wearing glasses
- How can i stop getting a sore nose when wearing glasses?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Fight time wearing glasses and weird feeling eyes
- Not wearing glasses headache
- Is it normal to have double vision often when i am wearing my glasses?
- Girls wearing thick glasses