Doctor insights on:
Wearing Orthotics Side Effects
A orthotic is a small piece of medical equipment that braces a bone and/or joint, to keep it in a better position, either at rest, during activities, or both. Examples of orthotics are plastic ankle braces to aid recovery from an ankle sprain, arched insoles to support flat feet, ankle-foot braces to help kids with cerebral ...Read more
I only used ankle brace for 10 minutes. When I took it off, I got pain in left arch and side of foot above arch. I am flatfooted and wear orthotics.
I'm not sure why : You tried the ankle brace at all..was there an ankle injury? I your posterior tibial tendon hurting? ...Read more
Ankle pain on both sides. Doc said injury caused by strain due to walking. Does wearing orthotics cause more long term problems or weaken muscles?
Depends: First, we don't know whether you actually need orthotic devices or not, . In my experience, many people who are prescribed orthoses either don't need them, or are prescribed the wrong ones. Assuming you do need them, it is best to wean into them slowly, as it can take a while to get acclimated . If they continue to hurt you need to get them adjusted, or get a second opinion. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are there side effects of orthotics?
- Side effects of orthotics sweaty feet
- Side effects of wearing contacts
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of wearing contact lens
- Side effects wearing nicotine patch
- Effects of wearing glasses
- Talk to a orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon online for free