Doctor insights on:
Ways To Lower Blood Pressure Quickly
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
Diet and exercise: A healthy diet that limits calories to achieve or maintain an ideal body weight and also a diet that limit sodium and has plenty of fruits and vegetables that are good sources of potassium help lower blood pressure. Exercise especially aerobic exercise, ideally daily, helps reduce blood pressure. ...Read more
Breathing exercises: One non-drug technique is using resperate, a device that trains you to lower your rate of breathing. It has been shown to lower blood pressure, though it is temporary (as are drugs!); you have to keep using it for it to continue to be effective. There is also research on tai chi lowering blood pressure as well as yoga and meditation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
MANY: I'm glad you asked. Non medical ways are your first line and include diet and exercise: Lower salt in your diet, lower fat consumption, moderate exercise (walking for 30 minutes 5 times a week). If you are in the habit of taking NSAIDS such as Ibuprofen, motrin, aleve- those can also increase your BP. Reduce stress. Best of luck! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lower blood pressure quickly for test
- What are ways to lower blood pressure?
- Ways to instantly lower blood pressure
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Foods to lower high blood pressure quickly
- Home remedy to lower blood pressure quickly
- How to lower diastolic blood pressure quickly?
- Foods that can lower blood pressure quickly
- Talk to a cardiologist online