Doctor insights on:
Waldenstroms Disease Related To Kidney Disease
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Hi doctors, was just wondering what is a tenkoff catheter and why is it used related to kidney disease?
Microalbumin: The first sign is the appearance of microalbumin in your urine. This is easily detected in a urine test and will tell your doctor to put you on a medication that will lower your blood pressure and "protect" your kidneys to reverse or prevent worsening of the kidney disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Maybe: Liver disease can causing itching (pruritis), which may or may not be the sensation you are describing. ...Read more
Have kidney disease stage 3. Recently I've noticed a volume decrease when i ejaculte. Also lower flow of urine from time to time. Could this be related?
Yes. But, : The relation may not be direct. For instance, if you are taking water pills, your amount of fluids in your body is lower. Sometimes the opposite, if your kidneys are slower or no water pills while you have much edema, the same happens. What's important is to keep your weight ideal according to your kidney doctor. If so, urine and ejaculate amount aren't important. ...Read more
No: They are separate disorders. Polycystic kidney disease is an inherited disorder due to a specific genetic alteration. In pckd, a small number of patients get cysts in the liver as the only other organ affected. The cause of cysts in the ovaries is a completely different process and they are not related. However, both can occur in the same individual. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is polycystic ovary syndrome related to polycystic kidney disease?
- Diseases related to kidney
- Relief from itching and hives due to kidney failure disease
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Prostatitis urethritis related to chronic lyme disease
- What is recommended to eat if you have medullary sponge kidney disease?
- Is it safe to take mineral oil for constipation with a kidney disease?
- How are ldl hdl and cholesterol related to heart disease?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free