Doctor insights on:
Vulvodynia And Pregnancy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Many Treatments: Vulvodynia is a disorder of pain which can consist of burning, shooting, itching, or throbbing pain of the vagina. It has no known etiology and is a diagnosis of exclusion (other problems must be ruled out). Unfortunately, there is no fda approved treatment. At home, you can try sitz baths and lubricants for sex. However, i urge you to see your gynecologist or urogynecologist for options. ...Read more
You'll know: Vulvodynia is a medical term for stating that a woman's vulva is painful. There are four main categories involved with diagnosing vulvodynia. It can be a very frustrating symptom for women. Finding a compassionate doctor who will thoroughly evaluate & treat vulvodynia can be difficult for woman with this symptom. Even with thorough diagnosis & treatment, symptoms may improve but persist. ...Read more
Calendula cream: Calendula cream is available over the counter and may be helpful in some people. Often vulvodynia is a nerve irritation problems so low dose oral medications like tricyclic antidepressants and gabapentin are often more helpful than creams. Also physical therapy can be very helpful if you find a physical therapist skilled in treatment of vulvodynia. ...Read more
If my vulvodynia becomes worst only after menstruating, what could be the underlying cause of it and what should I do?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Did you have implantation bleeding and a negative pregnancy test
- Pregnancy after uterine ablation and tubal ligation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you hurt in the lower back and hip in early signs of pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- Is your cervix low and open in the early stages of pregnancy?
- Missed period fatigue and negative pregnancy test
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free