Doctor insights on:
Von Willebrand And Pregnancy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Not as safe as norma: Stressful pregnancies were carried with von willebrans diseases in all 3 types. Type i where factor xi is low, in ii not functioning problem is with type iii besides factor xi, viii will be low behaves like hemophilia , all types, excessive bleeding is expected, need to administer factors, to the optimal levels by experienced team ( ob, perinatologist , hematologist etc ). ...Read more
Another reason?: Von willebrand's that isn't already obvious usually doesn't cause excessive bleeding during pregnancy. If there's been other episodes of excessive bleeding (any tooth extractions?), it could be worth checking. Most vw's is trivial and requires no treatment. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Homozygous vWD: Pts with type 3 VWD have loss or mutations of both vwf genes, and produce almost no vwf protein. Clinically they behave like severe hemophilia a patients as their factor viii levels are very low as well, since vwf also carries factor viii in the blood. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Von Willebrand ....: Factor . Vwf is a glycoprotein important for primary hemostasis. It cross links collagen at a site of injury with gpib on platelets. Deficiency leads to failure of primary hemostasis (ie, bleeding). Vwf also protects fviii from degradation. Fviii also promotes clotting. So, vwf deficiency also causes secondary fviii dysfunction. Vwf def has many variants. Severity is variable. Most have type i. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bleeding disorder: This is relatively common hereditary bleeding disorder,the bleeding episodes can be corrected transiently by infusion of fresh or fresh-frozen plasma or cryoprecipitate. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Pregnancy complications von willebrand
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Did you have implantation bleeding and a negative pregnancy test
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are diarrhea and period like cramping signs of pregnancy?
- Do you hurt in the lower back and hip in early signs of pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- Is your cervix low and open in the early stages of pregnancy?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online