Doctor insights on:
Vision Problems (Definition)
Vision problems is also known as Vision difficulties.
Many: Anything that blocks light into the eye or affects the focusing of the eye or damaged structures in the eye will cause the visual system not to develop properly. It is best to have a screening eye exam to identify visual problems early. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Common: Older adults have the accumulated changes in refraction acquired through the years. To this is added any diseases they might have acquired which might cause vision problems such as diabetes, glaucoma, etc. And finally the additional vision issue related to middle age after age 40 (presbyopia) when near correction is needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
Vision problems, my behavioural optometrist said that i will need vision therapy. What kind of therapy would this include?
Not usually helpful: Optometrists, a subset, engage in an activity termed "vision therapy" which is lengthy and expensive. They advocate it for a variety of visual fatigue and sometimes optical problems. These exercises have never been subjected to standard clinical tests and there is no proof that they do anything but provide a substantial income to the optometrist. Check first with an ophthalmologist. ...Read more
Is laser operation for low vision of eyes is safe and effective ? Is it completely cures the low vision problem ?
Not totally effectiv: Laser is used to provide a correction equal to the best that eyeglasses can provide. It cannot cure low vision if eyeglasses cannot correct the low vision. Lasik is safe and effective but cannot treat this problem. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Blurred vision with thyroid problems
- Can heart problems cause vision problems?
- Can a heart problem cause double vision?
- Can neck pain cause vision problems?
- Celiac disease and vision problems
- Does anyone else have problems with contact lens and double vision?
- Strep bacteria causing stuttering behavior change problems with vision
- Vision problems shimmering
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free