Doctor insights on:
Virus Causes Rabies
Rabies is an infectious disease caused by a virus. The most common carrier in the U.S. is infected bats. Symptoms of rabies include an initial flu-like illness followed by increasing paralysis, agitation, and confusion. The classic drooling symptom is due to an inability ...Read more
Rabies transmission: Per the Centers for Disease Control: The most common mode of rabies virus transmission is through the bite and virus-containing saliva of an infected host. Though transmission has been rarely documented via other routes such as contamination of mucous membranes (i.e., eyes, nose, mouth), aerosol transmission, and corneal transplants. ...Read more
From India.Due to dog bite, I had a course of Verorab,Sanofi.Will this be protective against all rabies virus including bat caused,or only dog caused?
None: None.Get a more detailed answer ›
Rabid seagull?: It is VERY unlikely that you could get rabies from a bird. Firstly, most small animals and rodents who are bitten by a rabid predator are usually killed. Secondly, transmission from a small animal with rabies would be via the saliva (seagulls can't really bite). Bats (although technically not a bird) on the other hand, can transmit rabies virus to humans. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the name of the virus that causes rabies?
- Can a virus cause back pain?
- Stomach virus cause excessive burping
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Virus causing lower back pain
- Can a stomach virus cause gas?
- Can a cold virus cause back pain?
- Augmentin cause rash virus viral antibodies
- Talk to a pediatrician online