Doctor insights on:
Viral Warts Contagious
Zoster no, c'pox yes: People with their first infection with varicella zoster virus (VZV) (mostly kids w/ chickenpox) are infectious by respiratory secretions -- e.g. coughing on someone who previously never had chickenpox and were not vaccinated against VZV. However, herpes zoster (shingles) dosn't have virus in the respiratory tract -- rarely transmissible except by direct contact with the skin rash. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is viral meningitis contagious?
- Viral meningitis contagious pregnancy
- Are viral coughs contagious?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is a viral rash contagious in children?
- Is viral gastroenteritis contagious?
- Is viral costochondritis contagious?
- Viral vs bacterial contagious
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free