Doctor insights on:
Usually Resolves: A patient with good general health and a normal immune system will usually recover from a viral pneumonia after it runs its course. Occasionally a bacteria will come in and trigger a secondary infection which prolongs the illness & requires extra rx.If pneumonia is part of a more extensive viral illness, affecting other tissue systems, other problems may dominate the recovery process. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not too long: It's often hard to tell if a pneumonia is viral, but even if bacterial (and treated), patients are usually improving after a week. If you have a lot of other diseases, especially lung disease, it may take a little longer. Coughing may take a few weeks to ckear up entirely. ...Read more
No specific time: Our immune system fights viruses. The stronger your immune system is, the shorter time it will take for you to fight it off and get better. If you have more problems and a weaker immune system, it will be longer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Systemic viral infection symptoms
- Viral propagated eclampsia
- Viral infections
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to get rid of a viral throat infection?
- Weakness after viral fever
- Post viral rash in adults
- How do doctors know if you have viral or bacterial bronchitis?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free