Doctor insights on:
Viral Meningitis Long Term Effects
Aseptic meningitis is a condition caused by a viral infection that results in inflammation of the membranes covering the brain and spinal cord. It occurs more often in the summer and fall months. Although aseptic (or viral) meningitis is a serious disease, patients generally recover. There may be no additional symptoms present or individuals may have symptoms of a cold or a rash ...Read more
Days to weeks: Viral meningitis typically only requires supportive therapy and patients recover after days to weeks. Most viruses responsible for causing meningitis are not amenable to specific treatment and conservative measures such as fluid, bedrest, and analgesics are usually effective. ...Read more
How long does the viral meningitis virus stay in your body? If i feel completely fine after 12 days, does it mean I am cured?
Usually until the : Infection has essentially run its course over one to two weeks and the degree of symptoms is very variable. ...Read more
I spoke to a doctor about my viral meningitis lasting longer than a month he suggested i go back to ER to get hooked up to an IV to get hydrat in brai?
When someone is symptom free from viral meningitis, are they no longer contagious? My friend just has a runny nose, otherwise he is fine, no fever.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Long term effects of viral meningitis in adults
- Long term effects of spinal meningitis
- Viral encephalitis long term effects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Long term effects of bacterial meningitis
- Spinal meningitis long term side effects
- Long term side effects of bacterial meningitis
- Long term side effects of meningitis
- Talk to a pediatrician online