Doctor insights on:
Viral Infection Of The Liver
I hav been told by my doctor that the reason i hav elevated liver enzymes becausd of viral infection such as hepa a.What ill be doin now to normalize.
This organ plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, and detoxification. It lies below the diaphragm in the abdominal-pelvic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion via the emulsification of ...Read more
Does Amoxcillin help both bacteria and viral infections? And can I take tylenol with Amoxcillin if need to?
No ma'am: Amoxicillin is similar to penicillin, but is slightly more broad, meaning that it kills a few more species of bacteria than penicillin. It is only antibacterial so it has no known antiviral activity. Yes you can take tylenol, but never exceed labeled recs. Both drugs are metabolized by the liver. Feel better!!! ...Read more
Depends: The incubation, illness duration & effects of a given virus depends to a great extent on the virus and the pre-illness health of the patient. Some people can shake off a stomach bug in 24hrs or sooner if they have partial immunity from a past illness. Some cases of eb virus can remain ill for 6 wks. The HIV virus has you for your lifetime. ...Read more
Is it normal to have reoccurring viral infections ??? Went right away for a few days and came back
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of chinese liver fluke infection?
- Bacterial or viral infection of the throat is known as
- Is there a treatment for viral infection of the bone marrow?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What herbs do i use for a viral infection of the eye?
- How long can a person live after being diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver?
- Hepatomegaly with fatty infiltration of the liver
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online