Doctor insights on:
No. : Kd is not contagious, but there are environmental factors that may include infections, perhaps viral. Viral infections can of course can be passed from person to person. Therefore, kd occurs in clusters, but no one catches kd directly from another person. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: Huntington disease is a slowly progressive neurodegenerative disorder that is inherited in an autosomal dominant pattern. It affects men and women equally. Prevalence in the us is estimated at about 7 per 100, 000. There is no cure, or long term disease modifying treatments for this disease. ...Read more
Yes, it's "Mono": Epstein barr is the virus that causes mononucleosis and is transmitted via contact with saliva of an infected person. Mono symptoms include fever, sore throat and swollen lymph glands. Some doctors treat mono symptoms with steroids. Complications include liver and spleen swelling. Epstein barr can also cause certain rare types of cancer. 95% of adults over 35 have epstein barr virus. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is herpes a viral disease?
- Viral diseases that affect humans
- Coxsackie viral disease
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is malaria a viral disease?
- List of human viral diseases
- 5 viral diseases
- Viral sexually transmitted diseases
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online