Doctor insights on:
Vicks Vapor Rub Toenail
NO: No, vicks vapor rub does not cure toenail fungus. What it does is breakdown the actual nail construct and make it more pilable and softer to debride/trim down. Nail fungus is actually an infection of the toenail bed and you need actual antifungal medication topical, oral, or laser therapy to cure. Hope this helps. ...Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
I don't advise it: This product is marketed with the idea that stinky medicine smell is therapeutic. It replicates the aroma therapy indian tribes uses in sweat lodges with pine pitch. I don't recommend it for kids under 2 as the smell often aggravates congestion. ...Read more
Don't eat it: Vicks vapor rub (camphor, menthol, eucalyptus) used as directed has not been associated with poor pregnancy outcomes. Almost no medicines are known to be definitely safe in pregnancy because no clinical trials can ethically involve pregnant women, but this one is widely considered to be of acceptable risk in pregnancy when needed. Neti pot or steaming up the bathroom/shower is safe. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Age ??: Early infancy is marked by marked sensitivity to irritants ; dependence on narrow nasal passages for breathing. Later childhood employs mouth breathing to bypass much of the congestion. I hate Vicks steam; consider it air pollution. A lifestyle audit to eliminate any odors/irritants in a kids sleeping area + humidity or steam as long as the measured humidity. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Vicks vapor rub for fungal toenails
- Toenail fungus and vicks vapor rub
- Does vicks vapor rub help toenail fungus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Vicks vapor rub on feet toenail fungus
- Using vicks vapor rub on toenail fungus
- How to apply vicks vapor rub on toenail fungus?
- Does vicks vapor rub work for toenail fungus?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free