Doctor insights on:
Vanquish Pain Reliever
I had been in pain of toncillitis for the past 4 days. I took pain reliever but when drugs exoired pain still continue. Any advice or any medicine?
No: Chronic use of pain relievers can be harmful. Taking Ibuprofen daily for months to years can cause kidney disease & stomach bleeding. Long-term, daily use of tylenol can affect the liver, especially if you already have mild to moderate liver disease. Morphine & other narcotics can lead to tolerance. Too much of anything generally is not good but if you need chronic pain relief, there are options. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No one is best!: Depends on type of pain and the individual. Even within the same class of drugs, nsaids for instance! some patients will do better with Naproxen than ibuprophen or meloxicam! i try to avoid narcotics at all cost, but a few patients need them. Cymbalta is a non-narcotic centrally acting drug that works very well for certain types of pain, some of which will not responds to nsaids! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What pain reliever is not a blood thinner?
- What pain reliever can be taken with prednisone?
- Best otc pain reliever for toothache
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best otc pain reliever for a meniscus tear in the knee?
- What pain reliever is used for wisdom teeth removal?
- Which pain reliever dissolves the fastest
- Pain reliever strength chart
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free