Doctor insights on:
Vaginal Strep Contagious
Contagiousness: Yes. Of course. He is most likely contagious for the first 48 hours or so on antibiotics. ...Read more
Strept pyogenes: Many people are pharyngeal carriers of group a beta-hemolytic strep. They can pass the organism to other individuals, often by kissing or hand to mouth to mouth contact, and the recipient may or may not become infected. Sometimes it is difficult to know whether a strep isolated from a symptomatic person is actually causing their illness. ...Read more
Antibiotics: Oral and topical antibiotics can help treat this. See your doctor for an appropriate regimen. ...Read more
Different strain: Strep has many different strains. Different strains cause different types of infections. In the throat, we usually just test for group a, since that is the strain that can lead to rheumatic heart disease. Other strains are usually left for the body to take care of without antibiotics. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is strep throat contagious without a fever?
- Vaginal swab culture positive for group b strep
- How long are you contagious with strep after you have started taking amoxicillin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is strep throat contagious before symptoms appear?
- Is a vaginal yeast infection contagious?
- Strep c contagious
- Strep rash contagious
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free