Doctor insights on:
Latin word for cow, vacca, because of the smallpox/cowpox work of edward jenner, vaccination is the administration of a substance, live organism or otherwise, that stimulates the immune response to prevent a specific disease. Primarily a preventative procedure, some vaccines can ...Read more
Yes: It has been shown in extensive research to be safe in this situation. ...Read more
No: No, it is not dangerous to get vaccines when ill. Remember that vaccines work by generating an immune response. The immune system needs to respond to the vaccine. If that immune system is very busy - such as fighting a serious infection, then it might not create a strong enough response. So only when seriously ill, shots may just not work as well. They do fine with mild and moderate infection. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
All 23pneumococcal iggs are low is there another way to test immune system besides getting a vaccine been around people sick w/ pneumonia & not got it?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it dangerous for my child to get a vaccine if he is sick?
- Does combining vaccines make baby sick?
- Is it okay to get a gardasil vaccine while you are sick with common cold?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get a gardasil vaccine when sick with cold?
- Sick insertions
- Sick pimples
- Vaccines vs anti vaccine
- Talk to a pediatrician online