Doctor insights on:
Uterus Position And Endometriosis
Hi, I'm 48 yo, have endometriosis, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, pre-menopausal. CA 125 was around 200's then 159 the last one was 210 any concerns?
Likely, no: CA 125 is not recommended as a screening tool for ovarian cancer when used in risk-based stratification. Meaning, assuming that your mom or sister didn't get diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Normal for women with endometriosis to have elevated CA-125. It sounds like your doctor has done Ultrasound to evaluate ovaries as well. Your MD knows your history and risk, likely this CA-125 level is normal ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
An abnormal condition where some endometrial tissue, which is lining tissue of the uterus, is located outside the uterus. The displaced tissue, just like the tissue lining the uterus, bleeds during each menstrual cycle. Endometriosis can be very painful, and can result ...Read more
Risk versus benefit: It is possible, however the risk benefit analysis may be in favor of non operative therapy. Endometriosis is misplaced uterine lining. It has escaped your uterus and takes up residence on other organs. Your surgeon is the best doc to discuss your risk. It is not simple to remove these pesky implants. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can you gain weight from low estrogen?
I'm 39, w/ 2 kids. I had endometriosis in my 20's & now possible dropped uterus. Checked thyroid..
Possibly: The bicornuate septum can be removed but some persons have had satisfactory pregnancy implant one side of the uterus age 30 is becoming more common as a new mom. The endometriosis is a problem but if the tubes and uterus are present and open one can get pregnant. Hormonal medications may get in the way! ask your gyn! ...Read more
Diagnosed with 2 endometria... One 7mm and the other 12mm. She said I have an enlarged uterus. Does this mean I have endometriosis?
Probably not: If you were told you had 2 "endometriomas", you need to know that a pelvic sonogram may be "suggestive" of endometrial/endometriotic cysts but unfortunately may not be an accurate diagnosis. 2 small hemorrhagic cysts may resemble 2 endometriomas and will often resolve spontaneously. Not endometriosis. If your "enlarge uterus" has 2 "endometrias", you have a congenital anomaly, not endometriosis. ...Read more
Is a uterus size 9x4x5cm witj a hemging cyst size18x9x13 normal with endomertiom of 6mm thicnkness in a 32 year old woman. That has endometriosis ?
Depends: If you mean 18mmX9mmX13mm then yes, but if the measurement was cm (centimeters) then that's very large and needs to be addressed. A hemorrhagic corpus luteum (cyst that forms after ovulation) is normal and 18 mm (millimeters) in size is quite normal. Your endometrial thickness is fine as is your uterine size. ...Read more
I had blocked tubes near the uterus and I was told it was due to endometriosis. How often does this happen?
Common: Endometriosis often causes scarring and obstruction of the fallopian tubes. That is a common mechanism by which endometriosis can cause infertility. When endometriosis is severe, this problem is extremely common. It is not usually caused with very mild stage 1 endometriosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possible: Definitive surgical treatment of endometriosis includes removing the ovaries and tubes in addition to the uterus. The cure rate is about 95% with that surgery. If you keep your ovaries, the cure rate is about 40% with the other 60% requiring additional surgery to remove the ovaries later. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Position of fetus in uterus
- Position of bladder and uterus
- Abnormal uterus position
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Position of uterus at 15 weeks
- Uterus diseases endometriosis
- Endometriosis in the uterus wall
- Endometriosis inside the uterus
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free