Doctor insights on:
Using Sports Tape How Do I Table My Hamstring After Pulling It
Let try to help: The hamstring refers to any one of the three posterior thigh muscles, or to the tendons that make up the borders of the space behind the knee. In modern anatomical contexts, however, they usually refer to the posterior thigh muscles, or the tendons of the semitendinosus, the semimembranosus and the biceps femoris. In quadrupeds, it refers to the single large tendon found behind the knee ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
6-8 weeks minimum: After 2-3 weeks most symptoms will subside, but attempted quick stops or starts will bring the pain back out. Every time you feel the pain, the recovery clock starts over. Therefore, even in the absence of pain, you must wait a full 6-8 weeks before returning to explosive sporting events. At 3 weeks, gentle stretching can be started, and light exercise. ...Read more
What is usually the healing time for a pulled hamstring! it seems like many sports players get this injury? Thanks andy
6 wks: Hamstring injuries are common in athletes because they are long tendons that cross both the hip and knee joint..Usually'tear' at musculotendinous junction.(at upper thigh towards buttocks).Take a good 6 wks. To heal and if u try to come back too soon they are prone to reinjury!good luck! ...Read more
Can i fix my hamstring injury without physical therapy ? So i can return to my favourite sport again ?
No: Injuring the hamstring has not been shown to lead to improvement in speed. In fact, the contrary would be more likely, a loss in speed. ...Read more
Lack of pain: If you can walk a long distance with no pain on a flat surface as well as an irregular surface( which requires you to use different muscles to balance), i think it safe to try a short, slow run on a regular flat surface. To be sure, check with the doctor who diagnosed your problem. Most doctors can give you a time frame for your return to activity. ...Read more
During PT after torn ACL recon I felt pulling (same feeling as when my hamstring graft was taken) behind knee during flexion exercises.What can it be?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i help heal my tongue faster after burning it pretty bad eating soup?
- How do i get the swelling down in my knee after sports injury?
- My brother just had a bloody nose after a fight how do i handle it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a large pimple in my right ear lobe how do i get rid of it
- I have a twitch in my thigh muscle for 3 days now how do i get rid of it
- Air in my back how do i make it go away
- For how many days i will get my periods after using primolut n
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free