Doctor insights on:
Using Antibiotics During Ovulation
Last antibiotic on bcp day 1think I ovulated 2 days later. No sex rubbed vag on his penis w/ his undies on. Worried about precum. Couid I b preggo?
I'm on the pill but was taking an antibiotic. I had sex 3 days before ovulation but partner did not ejaculate. Chances of becoming pregnancy?
Risk is very small: Since oral contraceptive pills prevent pregnancy primarily by preventing ovulation, you probably did not ovulate "3 days after sex". Most antibiotics will not affect pills efficacy or will very rarely interfere with their contraceptive functions as long as you take your pills regularly, without vomiting, diarrhea or other major change in your metabolism. Best ask for a LARC an IUD or an implant. ...Read more
We are trying to conceive and I believe the last few sday were the ovulation time I do not know whetheer my wife is pregnant or not but she has been prescribed teva doxycycline flm ctd 100 mg my question is can this antibiotic affect the pregnancy if eeve
I'm on cephalexin for uti. I'm ttc and just ovulated if im preg can this antibiotic harm the development of the zygote? I've read can cause birth defects
Am I pregnant? I use sprintec birth control and take it every day I always use a condom, however I used cipro (ciprofloxacin) antibiotic this month and has sex the first day of ovulation.
Can one still ovulate while taking strong anti biotics injections for pelvic inflammatory disease?
Yes: Yes you will still ovulate.Get a more detailed answer ›
Took antibiotics (amoxicillin) mid-cycle. I'm on the pill and was taking it prior and during. Is there a chance I may have ovulated?
Probably not: Most antibiotics don't affect contraception. It's now thought that the only types of antibiotic that interact with hormonal contraception and make it less effective are rifampicin-like antibiotics (treatment for tuberculosis). Amoxicillin is not related. As long as you were taking your BCP every day, you should not ovulate. ...Read more
Can spotting occur during the ovulation cycle? When using the restroom I noticed a upon wiping, a streak of blood.
Yes: That is how women have twins that are fraternal twins. ...Read more
During ovulation I start to itch to the point of making myself bleed. I try using anti itch creams and they provide some relief. But I would like to try and stop this all together. I've read that it could possibly be my Ph levels are high. If that is accu
Ovulation bleeding: Due to the hormonal changes that occur around the time of ovulation (mainly a drop in estradiol), some women have some light bleeding during that time. Ovulation can also cause cramping for a couple of days. It's ok if it just happens once, but if it happens with subsequent cycles, I would see your doctor to make sure nothing else is going on. ...Read more
Progesterone: During ovulation a small cyst ruptures and releases the egg. There is usually fluid and blood released too. This may cause bloating and pain. Progesterone levels rise and stay high for 2 weeks. This leads to some of the pms symptoms like bloating, fluid retention, constipation, and others. If the symptoms pass it is likely related to ovulation. If not you should see you provider. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Antibiotics and ovulation
- Using a tens unit during pregnancy
- Using listerine during pregnancy
- Using bio oil during pregnancy
- How many days is safe after menstruation?
- Can antibiotics mess up your period?
- Periods after coming off the micronor mini pill for a month
- Using anovate during pregnancy
- Can i take althea pills even not on my first day of menstruation?
- Reason for delay in periods after taking primolut n
- After regestrone how many days period comes
- Using meftal spas during pregnancy
- Using isopropyl alcohol during pregnancy
- When to expect period after taking duphaston
- On birth control was on antibiotics i got my period and had unprotected sex ended my antibiotics early and took plan b
- 2 weeks late for period when to reapply birth cpntrol
- How long of a period of time is it safe to take augmentin?
- Himy periods started today how can i stop them i have an upcoming urine analysis coming which i cannot miss i do have duphaston can i start eating th
- Can you get pregnant using condom during ovulation?
- Using plan b when ovulating