Doctor insights on:
Use Of Coumadin And Remicade
I am on warfarin and getting remicade infusions every 6 weeks. How will the remicade affect my inr?
Flare of arthritis: If you stop your remicade, you will be at significant risk for a bad flare of your arthritis. You should only stop arthritis medication on the explicit advice of your rheumatologist. Sometimes in the case of an active infection or prior to surgery you may need to stop your Remicade for a short while but this should only be done after discussing with your rheumatologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have been getting remicade 4 2 years. I've gained 60 lbs. Have been 125, since the age of 18.Ever since the remicade. If i stop, will i loose the lbs?
It can be: It can be associated with weight gain if before you started this drug, you were losing weight as result of untreated autoimmune disease. We call this phenomena cachexia where you lose the weight due to severe inflammation. Once the disease is controlled with a drug such as remicade, weight gain can occur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on veins: Since Remicade is given IV over a two or more hour period the veins must be large enough and good enough to prevent tissue infiltration. If they are small, not plentiful, or not of good quality a port may be used since in the future multiple IV treatments will be needed. ...Read more
Very effective: Our patients who are on it long-term find it very effective. Ask your physician if you can talk to other people in the practice who've been a long-term. Rheumatologists are very comfortable having patients on this medicine long-term. ...Read more
Does anyone have any suggestions of any alternatives that can be taken in place of warafin or coumadin?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Use of anticoagulant medications and remicade
- Use of heparins and remicade
- Uses and side effects of gynaecosid tablets
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you use to treat itching and swelling of tick bites?
- What should i use to clean tub to prevent spread of warts and fungus?
- What are the risks of sleep apnea cocaine use and being overweight?
- Uses and sideffects of bigomet sr 500 tablets
- Talk to a cardiologist online