Doctor insights on:
Urinary Tract Affect Any Other Organs
Yes: Urinary tract infection can affect urethra, bladder, ureters, kidneys, prostate gland, epididymis (which sits on top of testis) and testis. Severe kidney infections can spill bacteria into the blood stream and thus be transported anywhere in the body including brain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Bladder infection can reach the kidneys if bladder (vesico-ureteral) reflux is present, also some bacteria have little arm like projections (fimbriae) and can crawl though the bladder valve and up ureters to kidney. Bacterial infection in the kidney is pyelonephritis which can make suject very ill & cause plenty of damage or if untreated even destroy the kidney. Thus all utis should be treated. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Average bladder infections do not affect the baby, and this is what most women have. These are detected by going to the OB visits and telling them about any new symptoms. However, if the infection becomes severe, or goes from the bladder up to the kidneys, it can cause premature contractions and in that way it can indirectly affect the baby. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Will a urinary tract infection and/or OTC medications for UTI affect a urinalysis drug screen in any way?
no: A drug screen is not effected by a urinary infection or usual otc medications. ...Read more
I am on beyaz for birth control. I started taking Macrobid for a urinary tract infection on thursday. Will it affect the effectiveness of the beyaz?
Here are some ...: Based on what, you stated you have "inflamed" urinary tract, by irritative voiding symptoms alone or by objective evidence? To demystify such, bring the info on the onset, degree, duration, evolution, & progress o all your symptoms to doc for analysis + physical exam + tests as needed so to deduce potential underlying cause for reasonable Rx/ care/ counseling for now and future... , ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bladder problems affect any other organs
- Can a urinary tract infection affect becoming pregnant?
- How does kidney disease affect other organs?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a urinary tract infection affect the baby in my womb?
- Dystonia affect muscles heart diaphragm other organs
- Can a urinary tract infection cause you any pain while having sex?
- Can a urinary tract infection affect your kidneys?
- Can a urinary tract infection affect any other organs?