Doctor insights on:
Urinary Incontinence Caused Nerve
Can urinary incontinence be caused by decreased (improper) nerve function of the sacral nerve supply?
The brain and spinal cord communicates with what is occurring in the internal organs and limbs by nerve fibers where are like electrical wires with insulation (myelin) and the "copper" (axon). Within brain and spinal cord these nerves connect to other nerves via synapses on both axons and dendrites. A nerve can carry information regarding sensations, and ...Read more
Many factors: Much of incontinence is related to genetic factors. Other common factors include: weak ligaments & muscles due to pregnancy and childbirth, bladder spasms, urinary tract infection, neurologic damage (spinal cord injury, stroke, ms), diabetes, chronic cough chronic heavy lifting, chronic constipation and obesity. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Many: Some high blood pressure medications (eg hytrin) affect urethral tone and cause incontinence. Diurectics cause the bladder to fill quickly & can aggravate incontinence (but should not be stopped w/o dr's ok). Muscle relaxants can aggravate incontinence. And certain medications such as for myasthenia gravis can affect bladder function. Any drug that worsens constipation can worsen bladder function. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Intertrigo (dx'd bad case): Can wearing sanitary napkin 24 hrs day for sporadic urinary incontinence cause intertrigo? I change as needed. Got meds
Urinary incontinence is a condition in which there is a loss of bladder control. It ranges from occasionally leaking urine when coughing or sneezing, to urinating before making it to the bathroom in time. Simply lifestyle changes or medical treatment can often ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can catheter of large size cause urinary incontinence?
- Can hyperthyroidism cause urinary incontinence?
- Cystoscopy cause urinary incontinence women
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does overweight cause urinary incontinence?
- Is urinary incontinence caused by scleroderma?
- Indwelling catheter causing urinary incontinence
- Does previous vaginal birth cause urinary incontinence?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free