Doctor insights on:
Urea Nitrogen Clearance
I have low urea nitrogen counts, blood is checked few times each month this year, always low what could be causing this? On peg/j tube last few months
See below.: "low" BUN is really of no consequence unless accompanied by other lab abnormalities. Just a measure of the concentration of protein in your blood. This may be high as a result of dehydration or very high protein intake or low as a result of excess fluid or low protein intake. Your low number is probably related to your tf and the reason for your tf. ...Read more
Had blood work done. My creatinine was 0.68 GFR >60 bun/creat ratio 37.9 urea nitrogen 19 sodium 139 potassium 5.3 chloride 106. Is this all normal.
Yes: Be thankful for good health.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Blood urea nitrogen
- Implication of high blood urea nitrogen level
- High levels of blood urea nitrogen symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Urea nitrogen
- Elevated blood urea nitrogen may cause flu like symptoms
- Is a low blood urea nitrogen level dangerous?
- What causes abnormally low blood urea nitrogen?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free