Doctor insights on:
Untreated Yeast Infection Pregnancy
Can having an untreated yeast infection or one that is there to long during pregnancy harm the baby?
No: No. They are a nuisance.Get a more detailed answer ›
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Yes. Get it treated: Although this is not something that happens often, it is possible for vaginal yeast to cause intrauterine inflammation and preterm labor. Yeast infections are common in pregnancy. Call your OB today to get a prescription for the yeast. Avoid over the counter treatments until you've discussed them with OB. Clotrimazole for 7 days is considered safe, but there are other creams that OBs prefer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not really: While you can get yeast infections in pregnancy, you can get them just as easily when you aren't pregnant as well. Actually persistent yeast infections can be seen in diabetics and people using corticosteroids. I tend to see more yeast infections in mid summer and mid winter. ...Read more
Does pregnancy cause yeast infection? What kind of medicine is safe to take during pregnancy to help with yeast infection?
Yeast infection: These are quite common in pregnant women particularly during the second trimester. During pregnancy physicians recommend vaginal creams and suppositories only. The oral medication, Diflucan (a single-dose medication), has not been proven safe during pregnancy and lactation. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Untreated yeast infection during pregnancy
- Can yeast infection and urine infection affect the pregnancy test results?
- Yeast infection late period negative pregnancy test
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Long term effects of untreated yeast infection
- Can an untreated yeast infection cause infertility?
- What happens if a yeast infection goes untreated?
- Can my abnormal pap test be the result of an untreated yeast infection or uti?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free